SEATTLE - Seattle police are investigating a report of an armed robbery in Pioneer Square.
At about 11:40 a.m. Friday, SPD tweeted that the incident happened near First Avenue South and Washington Street.
Shortly after, they said a suspect had been detained at First and Columbia.
There was a large police presence in the area.
Police said they would release more information as it becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- New Zealand shootings: Death toll rises to 49 in attacks at 2 mosques
- New Zealand attacks spark call for security at Washington mosques
- Man shot by officers during traffic stop in Federal Way
- Suspect in electronics theft records himself flying stolen drone, forgets to remove memory card
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.