LYNNWOOD, Wash. — Two teens suspected of stealing guns from a gun store were arrested by police in Lynnwood on Sunday afternoon.
Police said the teens walked into Lynwood Gun around 3:30 p.m., grabbed several handguns behind a display counter while employees were assisting other customers and immediately fled on foot.
Lynnwood Gun is located in the 20800 block of Hwy 99.
A store employee chased the suspects and eventually confronted them, but the suspects dropped the stolen handguns and continued to flee on foot.
Responding officers were notified by a passerby of two subjects hiding near a dumpster at a nearby business.
The pair of suspects were found hiding by the dumpster trying to change their clothes and were taken into custody, police said.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Passengers at Sea-Tac miss flights as TSA agents call out sick amid government shutdown
- Suspect dead in officer-involved shooting in Kent
- Seattle resident creates bait packages to stop porch pirates
- Windstorm causes widespread damage and power outages in Western Washington
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Both were positively identified as the suspects who stole the handguns from the store by witnesses. Investigation at the scene revealed a total of three handguns were stolen by the suspects and all three firearms were recovered,” Lynnwood Police said in a news release.
The suspects were identified by investigators as 16-year-old males and were arrested on firearm charges including: theft of a firearm, possession of a stolen firearm, and unlawful possession of a stolen firearm.
“Both juveniles had extensive criminal history to include assault 2, unlawful possession of a firearm and robbery,” police said.
© 2019 Cox Media Group