EDMONDS, Wash. — A chemical fire involving a vehicle closed a stretch of SR 99 in Edmonds Wednesday morning and caused a hazmat response.
KIRO 7 received word of the fire around 10:50 a.m.
A pickup carrying pails of chlorine and other chemicals caught fire, South County Fire said. Several businesses were asked to shelter in place and some people are being evaluated as a precaution.
Edmonds police closed SR 99 from 230th to 234th while crews fought to control the fire.
The fire has since been put out.
More news from KIRO 7
Cox Media Group