The Amtrak Coast Starlight Train was stopped Friday night in Kent after a person was hit an killed by the train.
The incident was reported about 7:45 p.m. Friday near Willis Street and South 259 Street. No one was hurt on the Amtrak train.
Friday's case is the 13th fatality of someone trespassing on train tracks, a spokesman for BNSF Railway said.
The train left Los Angeles Thursday and passed through Tacoma before the person was hit. Additional identifying details about the person hit were not immediately available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Bartell Drugs closing downtown Seattle location over crime concerns
- Navy verifies UFO videos are real, shouldn't have been released
- Gambler accused of cheating a Snohomish County casino
- Panic in the sky: Delta flight from Atlanta plunges nearly 30,000 feet
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.