After Pepsi the black lab fell into a ravine last week, West Pierce firefighters worked tirelessly for hours to safely get him up the hill and back to his family.
When Pepsi, the dog's namesake and soda company, heard about the rescue, it decided that the hardworking firefighters and the pup deserved a gift.
The company tweeted a link to KIRO 7's coverage of the rescue along with a picture of a new dog bed and toys for Pepsi the dog to help him along with a speedy and comfortable recovery. It also added below that the firefighters would be sent a care package as well.
West Pierce Fire later tweeted out a picture of their officers with the care package for Pepsi the dog, saying they would deliver it to the family themselves.
What a sweet ending!
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman dead, 2 children critically hurt in crash east of Redmond
- Man shot multiple times in busy part of Capitol Hill
- Police: Substitute teacher molested kindergartner during recess
- Man falls between SR 520 Bridge lanes trying to escape police
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.