BREMERTON, Wash. — A pedestrian was killed by a suspected DUI driver in Bremerton.
It happened Thursday at about 1:45 a.m. on National Avenue North near Kitsap Way.
Officers told KIRO 7 the driver left the scene but was arrested nearby. He was booked on investigation of vehicular homicide.
They say speed was a factor in the crash but the man is also suspected of driving under the influence.
Bremerton police said both the victim and the suspect are 26-year-old men that the are believed to have known each other. The suspect told police they had been together earlier in the evening.
More news from KIRO 7
- Grieving orca mom still swimming with her dead calf in Northwest
- Traffic backs up for miles on NB I-5 in North Seattle
- Amazon hiring more than 200 work-from-home positions
- Police: 5-year-old girl reportedly touched by stranger in restroom at Edmonds park
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group