South Kitsap Fire responded to reports of a bus fire on SR 16 in Kitsap County with one confirmed fatality, according to Washington State Patrol. The one fatality was the bus driver, and the bus was otherwise empty.
All westbound lanes were closed at the time of the incident. At roughly 11:30 a.m., the left lane reopened.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef recalled over E. coli fears
- Olympia to start moving homeless out of downtown, into 'mitigation site'
- 'Dozens' of underground heroin-injection sites operating now in King County
- 73-year-old woman worried about meth she was smoking asked doctor to test it
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group