A 60-year-old Olympia man was sentenced Monday to 48 months in prison and a lifetime of supervised release for possessing images of child rape and abuse, according to a U.S. attorney.
Donald Delateur was arrested in May 2018 as part of a larger invesigation into peer-to-peer file sharing of images of child sexual abuse. A search of his devices showed that they contained such images of children being rape and abused, authorities said.
Delateur has a prior 2005 conviction in Thurston County Superior Court for possession of child pornography. Additionally, in 2015, Delateur was contacted by investigators when his IP address showed up in the file sharing investigation, but he was able to scrub his devices of the images.
His IP address was linked again to sharing of child pornography in 2018 leading to his prison sentence.
Delateur pleaded guilty in January 2019.
The investigation, known as Operation Broken Heart, resulted in the arrest of 2,300 suspected child sex offenders.
More news from KIRO 7
- Cowlitz County deputy killed in shooting
- SWAT officers respond to call that shut down Seattle street
- Notre Dame Cathedral: See fire updates from authorities
- Thurston County deputies seize $1.156 million of meth, heroin and cocaine
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.