Police are investigating an officer-involved shooting that left a suspect injured on Thursday afternoon in Kent.
Detectives were investigating a 33-year-old man who had outstanding felony warrants and located him in the 14900 block of Kent Kangley Road.
When officers contacted the suspect, who was sitting in a vehicle, police said he resisted arrest and tried to flee by using his vehicle to ram police vehicles.
Police said the confrontation led to the suspect being shot twice.
The suspect was taken to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition.
No officers were injured during the incident.
More news from KIRO 7
- Neighbors work together to stop package thieves in Marysville
- Secret poll reveals deep unpopularity of Seattle City Council
- Man charged with assault after following woman into Westin elevator
- New homes priced below $300K coming to Tacoma for households making $75K or less
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group