RENTON, Wash. - A police officer shot a naked 40-year-old man in Renton who they say was pointing a gun at customers in businesses Tuesday morning.
Renton police said when officers arrived at the scene at NE 44th Street at I-405, the man did not respond to their commands. An officer shot the suspect when the man pointed a gun toward police, authorities said.
The man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center where he was in critical condition Tuesday afternoon.
On and off ramps at NE 44th Street to and from I-405 are blocked by police activity.
More news from KIRO 7
- ‘Mommy, don't!': Graphic audio, video show killing of woman who stabbed son 25 times
- Underwater mysteries in Lake Washington
- Thousands to celebrate at Sounders victory parade Tuesday
- Seahawks knock 49ers from unbeaten ranks with 27-24 OT win
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.