A man has died after an officer involved shooting incident on Ebey Island in Snohomish County.
A woman called authorities to report her 35-year-old husband as being suicidal just after 8 p.m. on Sunday. She said that he wanted police to kill him.
Snohomish County deputies located the husband's vehicle in a gravel parking lot near 51st Avenue Southeast and 20th Street Southeast at about 9 p.m.
Deputies attempted to talk to the husband and gave instructions for him to come out from behind his vehicle. The husband came out holding what appeared to be a weapon. Deputies fired multiple shots.
Everett fire responded and declared the husband deceased.
Detectives recovered a firearm at the scene.
Three Snohomish County deputies were involved in the shooting -- a sergeant with 10 years experience, a deputy with 12 years experience, and a deputy with 2 years of experience. All three will be placed on administrative leave pending the investigation.
- Delta passenger bitten by emotional support dog couldn't escape, attorney says
- Parents accused of holding their 13 children captive appear in court
- Man dead, woman critically injured after boat capsized near Seahurst Park
- What to know: Washington state services affected by government shutdown
- New images show intimidating landslide moving down Rattlesnake Ridge
© 2019 Cox Media Group.