Nearly half a million passengers are expected to be traveling through Sea-Tac Airport for the Memorial Day holiday weekend, and the Port of Seattle is reminding you to plan ahead to make your trip as smooth as possible.
The three days prior to the weekend will be the busiest as people head out. From Wednesday through Friday, between 150,000 and 163,000 passengers are expected through the airport. The airport will be less busy Saturday and Sunday with between 116,000 to 126,000 passengers.
The airport averages 136,000 passengers per day throughout the year.
The Port of Seattle has tips for travelers to make their trips more efficient.
- Plan ahead and get there early: two hours for domestic flights and three hours for international flights
- Avoid driving if you can and use public transportation, taxis, ride-share vehicles or airport shuttles
- Limit carry-on food items for faster screening
More news from KIRO 7
- ”She could never see the child again” Wenatchee woman in Saudi Arabia faces custody battle
- Man who lived alone with rats awarded $8 million
- M3.4 earthquake hits near Ocean Shores
- 2 killed in floatplane crash in southeast Alaska; second deadly crash in one week
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.