Police are working to find the person who vandalized Mount Vernon High School's football field on Thursday.
Several slurs and curse words were spray-painted in the end zone letters for the Bulldogs.
A student shared cellphone video of the vandalism Thursday morning.
The graffiti was cleaned up by the time KIRO 7 arrived at the scene.
Mount Vernon police said the district notified school resource officers of the damage, and they started an investigation.
The Mount Vernon Bulldogs are on the road tomorrow and will be taking on Cascade High School in Everett.
More news from KIRO 7
- Panic in the sky: Delta flight from Atlanta plunges nearly 30,000 feet
- Gambler accused of cheating a Snohomish County casino By: Graham Johnson
- School bus driver accused of raping boy arrested
- Navy verifies UFO videos are real, shouldn't have been released
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.