TACOMA, Wash. - Mount Tahoma High School in Tacoma is on modified lockdown Wednesday after a student was found with a gun on campus.
The school was in full lockdown earlier after a student reported to the administration that they were aware a student had a gun on campus, per the Tacoma School District. Administration officials immediately called police.
Three students reportedly left campus and were stopped by police. One of the students had a gun on them.
Mount Tahoma High School is located at 4634 S 74th St. in Tacoma and serves up to 1,800 students.
More news from KIRO 7
- Driver changing tire along I-405 killed in hit-and-run
- Deputies seize 25,000 marijuana plants in Eastern Washington
- King County detectives investigate homicide after man's body found in river
- Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy playing stadium show in Seattle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.