MOSES LAKE, Wash. - Officers with the Moses Lake Police Department are asking for the public's help in identifying a man who they say a wallet that contained only counterfeit money from inside a gas station.
Police said the man reached through an open window of the closed gas station and stole the wallet on Sunday morning.
According to police, the counterfeit money was used to train employees.
A witness to the burglary said he chased the man down and recovered the wallet, but the man had already removed the counterfeit money, police said.
Moses Lake Police said they are looking for help in identifying the suspected burglar.
Anyone who has information related to the case is asked to call (509) 762-1160 and reference case 19ML11129.
More news from KIRO 7
- Multi-vehicle crash blocked all SB lanes of I-5 in Everett on Sunday night
- Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart
- Destructive storm leaves families homeless
- Brass nameplates missing from Tukwila cemetery
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.