Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett is making a pledge to donate $25,000 to victims impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
“I grew up in Houston and I am devastated by the hurricane,” he said. “I look forward for maybe my teammates and all the fans to raise money for the people. “
Anyone interested in donating through The Bennett Foundation can click here. Bennett said in his video the money will go to local Houston organizations. His foundation will send updates on what the money buys in the coming days.
Clean up is just beginning for Texas areas, where thousands evacuated flooded homes and communities. In Houston, the latest surveys indicated that the storm and floodwaters have caused major damage to more than 37,000 homes and destroyed nearly 7,000, the Texas Department of Public Safety reported.
Searchers will also be looking for any bodies that could add to the confirmed death toll of at least 31. They said it could take up to two weeks to check all neighborhoods that were submerged by more than 4 feet of rain.
- Father killed on I-5 after daughter runs out of gas
- Seattle bikes left in bizarre places; share program sends message to ‘bad players'
- Georgia cop during traffic stop: ‘Remember, we only kill black people'
- SPD officer fired by department to get back pay and termination reversed
- 3 Seattle brothers in child porn probe expected to appear in court
© 2018 Cox Media Group.