SEATTLE - United States Women’s National Team star Megan Rapinoe attended Friday’s Seattle Storm game against the Dallas Wings.
The game started at 7 p.m. at Alaska Airlines Arena on the University of Washington campus.
Rapinoe helped the United States defeat the Netherlands 2-0 on Sunday in France.
Her penalty kick in the 61st minute gave the United States a 1-0 lead and marked her sixth goal in the tournament.
The Seattle Reign FC star finished the tournament tied with Alex Morgan after recording six goals and three assists.
Rapinoe won the coveted Golden Boot Award, given to the tournament’s top scorer, over Morgan because she played in fewer minutes.
The storm enter Friday’s game with an (8-8) record and are tied for fourth in the Western Conference.
Rapinoe played collegiately for the University of Portland and has played for Reign FC since 2013.
BREAKING | Be one of the first to welcome World Cup Champion @mPinoe back to Seattle at tonight’s game vs Dallas!!!— Seattle Storm (@seattlestorm) July 12, 2019
Tickets are still available at the Alaska Airlines Arena box office beginning at 5:30pm.
Game time is 7pm.#WeRepSeattle pic.twitter.com/B7du2Zn9rI
More news from KIRO 7
- 4.6 magnitude earthquake near Monroe felt across Western Washington
- WATCH: Surveillance video shows moment M4.6 quake hit
- Deputies: Man admits to killing mother of 2 in cold case, then recants
- Toxic plant that causes blindness, 3rd degree burns spotted in Clark County
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.