SEATTLE — Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and Toronto Mayor John Tory are taking Sunday's MLS Cup to another level.
Both mayors agreed to a friendly bet on Friday.
If Seattle wins, Tory has agreed to:
1. Send three albums from Toronto-area artists, including Drake's "Take Care," The Weeknd's "Starboy," and Blue Rodeo's "Lost Together"
2. Send a basket of Toronto-made products;
3. Light the giant Toronto sign in front of City Hall green on the following Friday
4. Wear a Sounders FC scarf for a full day
If Toronto wins, Durkan has agreed to:
1. Send Mayor Tory three albums from Seattle-area artists, including Brandi Carlile's "By The Way, I Forgive You," TacoCat's "This Place Is A Mess" and Nirvana's "Nevermind"
2. Send a basket from Seattle Made
3. Light Seattle City Hall up in red on the following Friday
4. Wear a Toronto FC scarf for a full day
Both mayors have also agreed to donate $300 to a local nonprofit organization for each goal scored by their respective teams.
Durkan will donate to United Way of King County and Mayor Tory will donate to United Way Greater Toronto.
"Seattle is all in for our Sounders as they get ready to win back the MLS Cup at CenturyLink. Nearly 70,000 fans are going to be loud all game long, and we are going to show why Seattle is North America's best soccer city," said Durkan. "On Sunday, we know our Sounders will hear how proud we are. Go beat Toronto and win back that MLS Cup, Sounders. SCARVES UP!"
Sunday's game begins at noon at CenturyLink Field.
More news from KIRO 7
© 2020 Cox Media Group