WEST SEATTLE - A man was transported to Harborview Medical Center after he fell down a ravine in West Seattle Tuesday morning.
Crews with Seattle fire said the man was in the ravine, near the 4700 block of 21st Ave, from around 4 a.m. until he was rescued around 3:30 p.m.
Fire officials told KIRO 7 neighbors alerted police to the man after they heard him yelling.
In their initial investigation, fire officials said the man was climbing a tree, fell and couldn't get out of the ravine.
Firefighters did a low-angle rope rescue because they said the trail was too tough.
Officials said the man is in stable condition and is expected to fully recover. Watch raw video from Chopper 7 over the scene below.
More news from KIRO 7
- Dump truck crashes into Subway sandwich shop in Pioneer Square, several injured
- Man impersonating cop pulls over van full of detectives, police say
- Man asked to leave Seattle restaurant throws 'no parking' sign into window
- Lynnwood woman arrested on suspicion of trying to lure 4-year-old
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.