TACOMA, Wash. - A man succumbed to injuries he suffered in an early-morning fight in Tacoma on Tuesday, Tacoma police said.
Tacoma police said they responded to a report of a fight in an apartment on the 300 block of South 9th Street around 1 a.m.
“Officers located an injured male inside, called for medical aid, rendered aid and initiated CPR,” Tacoma police said in a news release.
The injured male was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead a short time later, according to police.
“Officers contacted the other male involved in the fight. The male was highly agitated and was also transported to the hospital for treatment,” police said.
Tacoma police said detectives are continuing their investigation and will determine the appropriate charges for the incident but police said there do not appear to be any outstanding suspects.
Police said the suspect is still receiving medical care and is detained.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- 2 store employees assaulted in Tacoma
- 18-year-old male transported to Harborview after shooting at Kent Station
- Students loot Art Institute of Seattle classrooms as school suddenly shuts down
- Search underway for voyeurism suspect in U-District
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.