A man was seriously injured and two suspects were arrested after a stabbing in Bellingham Sunday evening.
Police said at about 6 p.m., officers responded to a report of a stabbing in the 1300 block of G Street, where a 50-year-old man was stabbed in the back.
Investigators said an officer was waved down by people tending to an injured man. The officer then gave first aid to the victim until medics arrived.
The victim was taken to the hospital to be treated for his serious injuries. He’s currently stable.
After talking to witnesses, officers identified a man and a woman as the suspects.
Whatcom County deputies and Bellingham officers searched a wooded area and located the two suspects and took them into custody.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle to Portland in an hour: WSDOT releases results of ultra-high-speed transportation study
- Vashon Island man sent manifesto before he was killed at detention center
- Endangered Malayan tapir born at Point Defiance Zoo
- New case of measles confirmed in King County
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.