SEATTLE - A man is in custody after stabbing a man Saturday at the University of Washington light rail station.
King County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Ryan Abbott said it happened on a train.
A man was stabbed in the back by a man he did not know, according to Abbott.
Seattle fire officials said the victim, 42, suffered minor injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital.
Seattle police took the suspect into custody near the Pioneer Square station, Abbott said.
Authorities don't know what led up to the stabbing.
The King County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman frightened by cougar on roof, but it wasn't a cougar at all
- 1 dead, 2 injured in shooting near Westlake Station; police search for suspect
- Police investigating drive-by shooting in Puyallup after car sale gone wrong
- Woman buys 20 homeless people Taco Bell meals, employees then tell them to leave restaurant
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.