Seattle police are investigating a stabbing that left a man with serious injuries Friday afternoon.
At about 3:20 p.m. officer responded to a report of an assault in the 2400 block of Airport Way South.
Investigators said the victim was walking down to that location from an encampment underneath the freeway to report the assault at a nearby business.
Police said the victim reported that there was a large disturbance at the camp and an unknown suspect stabbed him in the arm with a sword.
This left him with a large cut on his forearm and a broken wrist.
Medics treated the victim at the scene and took him to Harborview Medical Center.
Police searched the wooded area but did not locate the suspected attacker.
Police said there were no other injuries
The investigation remains ongoing.
More news from KIRO 7
- King County purse-snatching suspect charged with new crimes in Pierce County
- Winner of largest Washington Lotto jackpot in a decade comes forward
- ‘Give me the Hawaiian rolls': 14-year-old accused of robbing couple in Seattle
- Quick response prevents flooding at Seattle's West Point Treatment Plant
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.