SEATTLE - A man was seriously injured early Wednesday morning in a shooting in Seattle's Lake City neighborhood.
At about 2:30 a.m., officers responded to a report of shots fired and someone yelling that they had been shot near Northeast 137th Street and Lake City Way Northeast.
Investigators said a man got into a truck and drove away from the scene.
When officers arrived, they found a man lying and bleeding on the sidewalk near Northeast 125th Street and 33rd Avenue Northeast. He told officers he knew the shooters but didn't provide any other information.
The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries.
Police found blood inside his truck and at a nearby convenience store.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Seattle Police Department's Violent Crimes tip line at 206-233-5000.
More news from KIRO 7
- Driver changing tire along I-405 killed in hit-and-run
- Deputies seize 25,000 marijuana plants in Eastern Washington
- King County detectives investigate homicide after man's body found in river
- Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy playing stadium show in Seattle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.