SNOHOMISH, Wash. - A 74-year-old man suffered only minor injuries after driving off a 60-foot embankment in Snohomish County Thursday.
Snohomish County deputies said the man missed a turn, backed up to turn around and accidentally drove off the embankment around 11 a.m.
The embankment is just west of the Grand Army the Republic Cemetery.
Fire officials were brought in to conduct a rope rescue.
The man was later treated by medics at the scene.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man wakes up in ambulance after getting knocked unconscious by stranger in downtown Seattle
- Emerald Ridge High School teacher made threats to shoot students, deputies say
- Pilot recovering after emergency crash landing in Lake Morton
- School bus driver with children, adult on board arrested for DUI, deputies say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.