LAKE FOREST PARK, Wash. - A man found with a bag of burglary tools and a wallet that belonged to another person was arrested after he was linked to at least one burglary/car prowl in Seattle, according to Lake Forest Park police.
On Sunday morning, a bystander called 911 to report there was a man at NE 165th Street and the Burke Gilman Trail in Lake Forest Park who was slumped over on a bench.
Arriving officers said the man at first refused to give his name but was sitting on drug paraphernalia. The man then provided his name and was found to have an arrest warrant.
While officers searched the man, a wallet belonging to another person, as well as other cards and a duffel bag filled with burglary tools, were found during a search, police said.
An investigating officer said he was able to link the suspect to at least one burglary/vehicle prowl using still images from video that recorded the crime.
The man was arrested and later booked into jail for suspicion of possession of stolen property and his outstanding warrant.
More news from KIRO 7
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Pioneer Square nightclub
- Man killed Saturday night in Seattle's Lake City neighborhood
- Caught on camera: Woman's car torched; among recent car arson cases in Tacoma
- Tenants urge Lynnwood to help before demo leaves them homeless
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.