AUBURN, Wash. — The King County Sheriff’s helicopter followed a man who tried to get away by jumping into the river to avoid officers after a hit-and-run Tuesday in Auburn, deputies reported.
The suspect pulled a gun on a victim and then ran, law enforcement officials said.
KIRO 7 obtained video that showed the man floating downstream to get away.
The video also shows the man eventually surrendering to officers.
See video below:
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle grocery stores among most expensive in America
- Police: Man accused of drowning dog that bit his daughter
- Protesters block 2nd Avenue in Seattle during morning rush hour
- Talk about political football: No Eagles at the White House
- Man killed in head-on crash in Puyallup has been identified
Cox Media Group