TUKWILA, Wash. - A Renton man was arrested for investigation of second-degree murder after a man was found shot at a Tukwila gas station overnight.
Tukwila police officers said they were in the area of Southcenter Boulevard and Tukwila International Boulevard when they heard gunshots at about midnight Tuesday.
They found a 32-year-old man with gunshot wounds in the parking lot of an Arco gas station on Tukwila International Boulevard and South 152nd Street.
The victim was taken to Harborview in Seattle, where he died from his injuries.
Officers arrested a 24-year-old Renton man in connection with the shooting.
A 9mm handgun and multiple shell casings were recovered at the scene. Investigators said the gun had been reported stolen during a burglary in Monroe.
Officers said during the crime scene investigation, a 26-year-old Kent man who repeatedly tried to enter the crime scene was arrested on charges of obstructing a public servant. He also had a felony warrant out of the King County Sheriff’s Office for unlawful possession of a firearm.
Both the shooting suspect and the other man were booked into jail.
The motive in the shooting is not yet known.
More news from KIRO 7
- Everett police investigating fatal stabbing of convenience store employee
- Nursing assistant charged with rape
- 'Gruesome': Man found dead in apartment near Lynnwood
- Concern about underground street walls bringing vehicle weight restrictions to Pioneer Square
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.