A man was attacked in broad daylight at a Des Moines park while he was on his way home over the weekend.
Ron Thompson was walking through Kiddie City Park Sunday afternoon when he was approached by three men, who allegedly attacked him.
Thompson said one of the men grabbed his gold necklace.
"He snatched my chain and I sort of you know had a reaction and I went to hit one of them, and I was trying to get away from them, and they just pummeled me," Thompson said.
After the attack, Thompson woke up in the park and was covered in blood. A woman saw him and called police.
By the time police arrived at the scene, Thompson's attackers were gone.
Thompson was in ICU at Harborview Medical Center and received treatment for multiple facial injuries and an injured knee.
"Yeah, I haven't been outside since the attack. I haven't gone outside or anything," he told KIRO 7's Jessica Oh.
More news from KIRO 7
- 'Let us in!': Republicans storm secure area; what is a SCIF?
- Seattle police bodycam video shows arrest of repeat offender who threw coffee in toddler's face
- Plane crashes upside down in Pierce County
- McDonald's general manager accused of stealing $241K from restaurant
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.