SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County authorities accuse a man of beating his girlfriend's toddler, causing life-threatening injuries, because she interrupted him while he was playing video games.
The Spokesman-Review reports that 22-year-old Brandon Oquendo is accused of hitting the 21-month-old in the back of the head and in the abdomen on Sunday after she passed in front of him while he was playing Xbox.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Starbucks opens first Italian bakery in Seattle
- Woman says teacher threatened to 'put a bullet' in her son's head
- Missing person killed in Bothell crash
- Live Updates: 45th District Senate race, Dhingra vs. Englund
- Black Friday 2017: Target ad released; Belk, Costco, BJ's also out
Authorities say Oquendo acknowledged to them that he hit the child and told them he called 911 and the girl's mother after she fell asleep and had a seizure.
The child was taken to the hospital with several bruises, a collapsed lung and a bleeding brain. Doctors called her injuries life-threatening.
Oquendo's lawyer requested his bond be no more than $5,000. Judge Annette Plese set his bond at $150,000.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.