EDMONDS - A 59-year-old Lynnwood woman is in custody after being arrested on suspicion that she tried to lure a 4-year-old child away from a family event, Edmonds police said.
The incident occurred on Sunday around 8:45 p.m. at the Edmonds Yacht Club. According to family members and witnesses, the child was playing on the patio and boardwalk area of the location when they saw the suspect taking photos of the child, police said.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Man asked to leave Seattle restaurant throws 'no parking' sign into window
- Motorcyclist identified in fatal SR 2 crash
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- Suspected drunk driver's car struck by train
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The child told adults that the suspect tried to get her to leave with her, according to a press release. The suspect reportedly made comments that upset the child, and upon being confronted by adults, the suspect and her associates quickly left the area. They were located by officers a short time later. Police recovered evidence from the suspect that included photos of the child, the press release stated.
The suspect was booked into Snohomish County Jail on child luring charges. The suspect’s associates were positively identified but were released from the scene after the initial investigation.
The suspect’s vehicle is a white 2016 Dodge Ram 1500. Edmonds Police ask anyone who may have had an interaction of concern with anyone in a similar vehicle to contact their local law enforcement at (425) 771-0212 or epdtips.edmondswa.gov.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.