Service for Kitsap Transit’s fast ferry will resume Monday after emergency vessel repairs forced cancellations Friday on the Kingston-Seattle route.
Clipper Navigation will be stepping in temporarily until Thursday, using its 245-passenger San Juan Clipper to help get riders across the water.
The San Juan is also able to accommodate up to eight bicycles.
On Friday, the 172-passenger Melissa Ann is expected to return to service. Then on Sept. 30, the 240-passenger Finest is expected to return as the main vessel on the route.
The Finest went in for repairs in early August.
More news from KIRO 7
- Washington woman finds lost dog after quitting job to search for 57 days
- Bartell Drugs closing downtown Seattle location over crime concerns
- Louisiana man dies after making underwater marriage proposal in Tanzania, girlfriend says
- Panic in the sky: Delta flight from Atlanta plunges nearly 30,000 feet
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.