WENATCHEE, Wash. - A 25-year-old Kirkland man was killed in a skiing accident at the Mission Ridge Ski Resort in Wenatchee Wednesday afternoon.
Witnesses said that at about 12:05 p.m., the skier, identified as Brian A. Scott, lost control while he was skiing on the Lip Lip run.
Scott traveled off the right side of the run and then hit a tree.
Responding ski patrollers arrived and began treating Scott, who was unconscious.
He was taken to the medical facility at the base of the resort where medics from Lifeline Ambulance continued treatment, but Scott died from his injuries.
More news from KIRO 7
- BBB issues alert; scam stealing phone numbers from T-Mobile customers to steal money expands
- Snohomish Co. deputies: Fatal drug overdose actually murder
- Nicole Eggert files sexual abuse charges against Scott Baio, dating back decades
- Federal officers, local police investigating marijuana trafficking through Sea-Tac Airport
- Washington state mom: Toddler's eyebrows waxed at daycare
© 2018 Cox Media Group.