AUBURN, Wash. - The King County Sheriff's Office recovered a body Tuesday afternoon from the Green River and are now investigating this as a homicide, deputies said.
Officials responded to the 12700 block of Southeast Green Valley Road around 1:30 p.m.
The King County Sheriff's Office tweeted that a man was found deceased in the river.
KCSO Marine Unit and Major Crimes Detectives on-scene at the 12700 BLK SE Green Valley Rd. A male was found deceased in the river. Detectives continue to investigate. pic.twitter.com/bJBIz0Cdxl— King County Sheriff's Office PIO (@kingcosoPIO) September 10, 2019
The King County Sheriff's Office said detectives will be at the scene through the night investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle police runners-up in CBS' ‘Lip Sync to the Rescue' competition
- Teachers, students leave King's Schools over anti-gay religious beliefs
- Taxpayers' lawsuit against Sound Transit car tab hike in court
- Mother demands justice for son killed by Tacoma officer
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.