BURIEN, Wash. — A man suspected of a hate crime against Burien's first Latino mayor has turned himself into police. Mayor Jimmy Matta announced the arrest an already-planned city hall rally to support him.
Matta found himself in the embrace of a community now feeling empowered to speak up because of what he says was a racially motivated assault on him at the Olde Burien Block Party last Saturday as he greeted a friend.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Steven Powell dies at Tacoma hospital, deputies say
- Southwest Airlines employee arrested for voyeurism at Sea-Tac Airport
- Oregon woman discovers mountain lion napping on her couch
- Whidbey Island sailor arrested for rape of child he met on Grindr
- Pop star Demi Lovato hospitalized after apparent drug overdose, reports say
© 2020 Cox Media Group