KITSAP COUNTY, Wash. - Two K-9s with the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office helped deputies arrest three burglary suspects on Friday.
Deputies responded to a call of a burglary in progress on Viewpark Road after an alert neighbor called 911.
“The first arriving deputy encountered a suspect who fled on foot, but could not outrun the pursuing deputy and was taken into custody without incident,” an official with the Sheriff’s Office wrote on Facebook.
Detectives, officers with the Port Orchard Police Department and troopers with the Washington State Patrol also assisted in the investigation, the Sheriff’s Office said.
Officials said when K-9 Heiko and his handler, Deputy A. Baker, arrived on the scene, they were able to locate a second suspect while K-9 Blue and his handler, Deputy N. Williams, were able to locate a third suspect.
“All three adult males were booked into the jail for various offenses,” an official with the Sheriff’s Office said.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Criminals dropped off under Seattle overpass
- Brother of slain deputy says his death was a consequence of ignoring immigration laws
- State Democrats unveil new wealth inequality tax in Olympia
- Washington set to be 1st state with long-term care benefit
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.