BREMERTON, Wash. - A K-9 unit with the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office helped deputies track down a man who had multiple warrants out for his arrest.
Officials said the 33-year-old man ran from officers in East Bremerton around 2 a.m. Tuesday.
Deputies said the man had arrest warrants issued for second-degree domestic violence assault, burglary and for a violation of a no contact order.
K-9 Heiko and his handler, Deputy Baker, located the man hiding in a stairwell at an apartment complex after an hour of searching, officials said.
“As K-9 Heiko went in for the arrest, the suspect yelled out he was giving up,” deputies wrote on Facebook.
The Sheriff’s Office did not identify the 33-year-old man.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- 4 dead, 10 injured after mid-air collision between float planes in Alaska
- Edmonds school board to vote on plan to lay off dozens of teachers
- Critical medical research inside UW facility at risk of being lost
- 2 injured in Federal Way shooting
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.