Downed powerlines blocked the I-5 ramps to and from South Spokane Street for several hours Tuesday morning, WSDOT said.
The lanes became blocked at about 8:30 a.m. Drivers were told to use alternate routes.
Officials are not sure what caused the pole to go down. SDOT confirmed it belonged to them, and they were on scene working with SPD to determine why the pole fell.
The ramps reopened shortly before 11 a.m.
#Seattle: If you're traveling to Beacon Hill or Columbia City, the I-5 on-ramps to South Columbian Way are closed in both directions due to down power lines on S Columbian Way. Use alternate exits or expect long delays! pic.twitter.com/NV8hxdHM6U— WSDOT Traffic (@wsdot_traffic) July 2, 2019
More news from KIRO 7
- 14-year-old killed in shooting in Federal Way
- Several beaches getting tested Tuesday after being closed for bacteria concerns
- Surveillance video shows 3 young men in Kent gas station robbery, 2nd store robbed in Maple Valley
- Crews put out fire at vacant house in Seattle’s Roosevelt neighborhood
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.