WHIDBEY ISLAND, Wash. - A skull belonging to a man missing since 2000 was found by a hunter over the weekend on Whidbey Island, the Island County Sheriff's Office said.
The skull was found by the hunter while walking in a wooded area in the 3300 block of Smugglers Cove Road on Oct. 12. The Island County Sheriff's Office responded and searched the area with search dogs.
Police found additional human bones along with a .38 caliber revolver.
Dental records revealed that the skull belonged to Carl Jesberg, who was reported missing on Dec. 23, 2000 and had left his wife a suicide note. Several searches for Jesberg were conducted in 2001, but he was never located.
More news from KIRO 7
- Former Seahawks highlight Seattle Dragons' picks on Day 1 of XFL Draft
- Couples left scrambling after all-inclusive Everett wedding venue suddenly closes
- British family decries treatment by US after border crossing
- Community supports recovery of retired police K-9 that lost vision for nearly 2 months
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.