• House fire displaces family of three in Mountlake Terrace

    By: KIRO 7 News Staff

    Updated:

    MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, Wash. - A house fire in Mountlake Terrace on Friday morning caused more than $250,000 in damage and displaced a family of three. 

    South Snohomish Fire officials said the fire began around 10 a.m. in the 228000 block of 44th Avenue West.  The home’s residents were not home at the time of the fire. 

    “A neighbor rescued one dog from the smoke-filled house, but another dog died in the fire,” South Snohomish fire said in a news release. 

    Firefighters had the fire under control 20 minutes after they arrived on scene and kept flames contained to the home’s garage. 

    Officials said a fire investigator determined it was an accidental fire that started in a bedroom, but did not identify an exact cause. 

    KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available. 


    More news from KIRO 7


    DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP

    Next Up: