Homes evacuated for gas leak in Spanaway

Homes evacuated for gas leak in Spanaway
Several homes on Thursday night were evacuated for a gas leak in Spanaway.

SPANAWAY, Wash. — Several homes on Thursday night were evacuated for a gas leak in Spanaway.

People were evacuated in the 1400 block of 203rd Street East as a precaution, a Central Pierce Fire and Rescue spokesperson said.

The area of 14th Avenue from 203rd Street to 201st Street was shut down.

Content Continues Below

Puget Sound Energy crews were called to the scene and are digging in two locations to stop the leak, officials said.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.