SEATTLE - Officers with the Seattle Police Department said they seized over 100 grams of heroin and over 600 grams of meth from a man who they say was found passed out behind the wheel of his car on Thursday.
Police said a person reported seeing a gold 1969 Cadillac DeVille stopped in the southbound lane in the 8000 block of Ashworth Avenue North around 11:50 p.m.
An arriving officer knocked on the window and woke the 42-year-old driver, police said.
"(The officer) asked the man to step out of the vehicle and noticed he was clearly under the influence of some type of narcotic," Seattle police wrote in a blotter post.
Police said the driver was placed under arrest on suspicion of DUI.
According to police, the officer recovered more than 115 grams of heroin and 102 grams of methamphetamine while searching the driver.
Police said the officer served a search warrant on the vehicle and recovered another 517 grams of meth.
The man was booked into the King County Jail on suspicion of "various drug charges," police said.
More news from KIRO 7
- Dreamboyz Espresso shop opens in Capitol Hill, employs shirtless male baristas
- Seattle business owner sends angry letter to City Council over hotel worker protection ordinance
- Scam targeting churches hits Eastside
- Grandparents found after toddler discovered on stranger's porch; parents remain missing, police say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.