RENTON, Wash. — A 78-year-old grandfather shot his 26-year-old grandson in a domestic violence altercation Sunday, according to Renton police.
Police responded to a reported shooting at 551 Elma Place NE early Sunday. According to statements provided by the parties involved, the grandson physically assaulted his mother and was acting in a threatening manner toward other family members before the grandfather shot and killed him. The mother is reported to be fine.
It is unknown at this time if drugs or alcohol were involved.
Police are currently investigating.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Man seriously injured by collapsed building in Centralia
- Mother says 'code word' prevented daughter's kidnapping
- Jurors convict dad in under an hour in baby's diaper rash death
- Video shows runaway bus crashing on downtown Seattle street
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group