SEATTLE - A Goodwill in the SODO neighborhood was evacuated Monday after bear spray was released inside, according to officials.
Seattle Fire Department crews responded around 2 p.m. to reports of a "gaseous substance" that had been released inside the Goodwill located in the 1700 block of 6th Avenue South.
Crews on scene investigating gaseous substance that was released inside a commercial building at the 1700 block of 6TH AV S. 2 patients currently being treated with minor injuries. Building evacuated as our hazmat crews entire.— Seattle Fire Dept. (@SeattleFire) November 11, 2019
The building was evacuated while hazmat crews investigated. Two patients were treated with minor injuries, SFD said.
Crews determined that the substance had come from a bear spray container. Officials removed the container and are working to ventilate the building.
More news from KIRO 7
- Laurel Griggs, rising star on Broadway, dead at 13
- Customers want money back after photography business closes
- Man critically injured in Federal Way shooting
- Proposal aims to add Wi-Fi, food trucks, deliveries to national parks
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.