KENT, Wash. — At least six cars were involved in a crash caused by a fleeing suspect in Kent Wednesday.
Kent police said a vehicle fled when officers tried to do a traffic stop.
It then crashed at 260th and Pacific Highway South and burst into flames.
The driver ran from the scene but was taken into custody nearby.
Video from Chopper 7 showed the suspect’s burned-out vehicle and at least five other cars involved in the crash.
It is not known if the suspect’s vehicle ran a red light or how the other vehicles were involved.
Drivers should avoid the area, as the intersection was blocked as of noon.
More news from KIRO 7
- For the first time, Facebook spells out what it forbids
- Unseen photos of Mt. St. Helens eruption discovered in forgotten camera at Goodwill
- A movie, popcorn and a drink for $10? Tuesday AMC deal is making it happen
- Tacoma examining rental laws after evictions
- Pete Carroll on Michael Bennett, Richard Sherman: "Sometimes guys can't hang with what's expected"
© 2020 Cox Media Group