A Puyallup animal rescue said their vet’s van, used to bring animals home for overnight care, was crushed by a tree during the weekend windstorm.
Sunny Sky’s Animal Rescue and Hospital said the crushed van was parked at a home in Pierce County and is no longer driveable. A small trailer was also damaged.
The rescue said it’s now in a tight spot.
On Sunday, a rescue volunteer said the white stolen van, marked with a decal and often used to pick up animals facing death, had still not been found.
Sunny Sky's Animal Rescue said it's now hoping to raise the money to replace the stolen and crushed vans at a fundraiser next month.
More news from KIRO 7
- Passengers at Sea-Tac miss flights as TSA agents call out sick amid government shutdown
- Suspect dead in officer-involved shooting in Kent
- Seattle resident creates bait packages to stop porch pirates
- Windstorm causes widespread damage and power outages in Western Washington
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group