PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - Firefighters with South Kitsap Fire and rescue helped rescue a dog that was stuck in a tree in Port Orchard on Friday.
Officials said the dog climbed onto a fallen tree that was suspended about 25 feet in the air and could not get back down at South Kitsap Regional Park.
Firefighters put a harness on the dog and carried her down a ladder by hand.
“We don’t normally do these, but this one created a safe opportunity to practice in a controlled environment and help our citizens,” a spokesperson for the Fire Department told KIRO 7.
More news from KIRO 7
- Winner of largest Washington Lotto jackpot in a decade comes forward
- Cruise ship headed to Ketchikan makes U-turn to Seattle port
- Part of semi-trailer sheered off in I-405 crash
- Man arrested in stabbing of 18-year-old in Bonney Lake
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.