VANCOUVER, Wash. - A Washington state fire captain is accused of groping a woman during a training exercise in Oregon.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office in Oregon says 52-year-old Scott Taube was charged Tuesday with third-degree sexual abuse and harassment.
The sheriff's office says Taube was arraigned Tuesday in Washington County Circuit Court, booked and released.
In July, court documents say a woman reported Taube grabbed her buttocks while leading a training exercise at a Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue facility in Sherwood, Oregon.
The sheriff's office says detectives spoke with a witness who corroborated the woman's account. Detectives initially cited Taube on Aug. 15.
Taube is a captain at Clark County Fire District 6 in Vancouver.
Clark County Chief Jerry Green said Taube was placed on paid administrative leave Tuesday, pending an internal investigation.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reported that Taube couldn't be reached for comment.
More news from KIRO 7
- Large fire burns businesses at Kirkland strip mall
- Report: Seattle's Georgetown neighborhood has crime problem
- Cle Elum woman arrested on child rape charges
- Truck driver flees scene after head-on crash near Spanaway
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.