The City of Bellevue is bracing for a wild Friday evening as hundreds, maybe thousands of protesters swarm the streets to demonstrate a planned appearance by Trump administration cabinet member, Secretary of Education Betsy Devos.
Devos is slated to be one of the key speakers at the Washington Policy Center’s Annual 2017 dinner that also functions as a fundraiser.
Police are telling drivers to prepare for severe traffic impacts in downtown Bellevue start around 3 p.m.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Sec. Betsy DeVos in Bellevue: Why hundreds plan to protest her visit
- Who is Betsy DeVos, the U.S. Secretary of Education?
- Betsy DeVos confirmed as education secretary; Sen. Murray calls pick unqualified
- Attorney resigns after tweeting that he'd be 'OK' if Betsy DeVos was assaulted
- Ed. Secretary Betsy DeVos booed by graduates at commencement speech
© 2020 Cox Media Group