EVERETT, Wash. - The Everett Police Department is starting a six-month body camera pilot program this December, according to a release from the city.
The program includes 10 cameras. After the six-month period, officials with the department will "evaluate the benefits of the technology" and consider whether any additional staff is needed to help manage, review videos and redact information for public disclosure requests.
If the program is successful, the department is considering giving all uniformed officers cameras.
The city included $400,000 for body cameras in the 2020 budget.
More news from KIRO 7
- King County Courthouse to close entrance after multiple attacks happen outside
- Loved ones speaking out after man in ICU with severe brain injury after fight at party
- Man sentenced to 100 years for molesting child for more than a decade
- Police suspect driver in fatal Aurora crash may have been high on meth
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.